



Well...tonight Ian and Elijah were jumping on the furniture and I came out of my bedroom and told them they needed to stop. Ian had to jump one last time and that was it for him! They had taken the cusion off our big chair and he landed just right I guess. I heard a snap but didn't know what it was...Ian got up and I saw his arm and new immediatly that it was broken....when I mentioned that it was broken Elijah immetiatly said, "Is he going to die?...=( I told him no and then he said, "Will he need stitches or super glue?" (That came from when he cut his head open)I had to reasure him that his brother was ok and that he would have to have a cast. Elijah was so worried for him he was following me around the house asking a million questions.
We rushed to the hospital and I forgot my camera in the process AHHHHHHHH...luckily I had my camera phone, anyway, by the time I parked the car and came in they had an IV in him and was about to put the morphine. You could just see that little Ian was soooo sad and in so much pain, it was the worst feeling seeing your child in that much pain and not being able to do anything about it. =( Well once the morphine kicked in I went with him to get some x-rays and he was so cute to the nurses. They told him he was doing such a great job and he would say, "I know". They asked him how old he was going to be on his Birthday(which is Saturday) and he said 5! LOL he wishes! When the x-rays were all done we went back to the room and waited for the doctor to come in and tell us the verdict. Meanwhile Ian was showing Elijah that he can still move his fingures even though his arm was broken. They thought that was pretty cool...BOYS!
In comes the doctor and she said that the bigger bone in his arm is broken which is obvious, the smaller stronger bone was fractured. She said in order to adjust his arm correctly so it wouldn't heal crooked she was going to have to re-brake it and then re-set it....AHHHHHHHH I was glad I was leaving to take Elijah and Adeline home. They are going to have to put him under in order to do this....he was admitted at 6:50pm, it is now 10:55pm...more to come.
3 comments:
What is it with these boys of ours???!!!!! I tell ya man. Poor Ian. That sounds horrible!! I hope he heels fast. Tanner's collar bone is still broken but the way he acts...you would never know it...He does use it as an excuse to get out of helping me though. He says " I can't mom, I have a broken arm" And then goes and jumps off the couch. Nice huh. Good luck with the little munchkin. We'll see you saturday if you are still having the party?!
I guess even "strong guys" get hurt once in a while! In a perfect world Ian would learn from this -- oh, well there's always the other arm! Give him a hug and kiss from us.
Poor Ian! Although that episode is probably harder on you parents than Ian. Luckily, kids heal quickly.
Post a Comment