Thursday, February 19, 2009

Happy B-Day Mamma!


My sister did this on her blog and I thought it was a great idea so I am copying her.

58 reasons why I love my mother!

1. She adopted me!
2. Has taught me how to serve others.
3. When a grand kid is born she will come at the drop of a hat to be by my side.
4. The love she has for the children she teaches.
5. How much time and preparation she puts into the things she does.
6. Always lends a listening ear.
7. She has sooooo much love for each grand kid and makes each one feel special to her.
8. She would always have a craft for us to do as a kid.
9. I love how she tries to merge lanes without putting her blinker on!
10.She loves the Lord and His teachings.
11.She supports me.
12.I love when she reads to my children and tells them how much she loves them.
13.I love her hamburger pie!
14.She makes me want to be a better person.
15.I love her sense of humor.
16.She is a good friend to me and to others around her.
17.She has a passion for puzzles....those still stress me out!
18.She has accomplished a lot in her life!
19.She is a good example to her siblings, being the oldest is NOT easy! Ask Elijah.
20.I love how she decorates for the different holidays. Especially her Christmas trees!.
21.She knows how to find good deals!
22.She will do anything for her parents!
23.She has a forgiving heart.
24.I am spoiled by her still!
25.She will fix things for me when she comes over.
26.She takes me to Time Out for Women!
27.She has an amazing voice.
28.Plays the guitar.
29.Has taught me to love music through her example.
30.Made me take piano lessons and told me I would regret it if I stopped.
31.She is right more often than not.
32.Growing up she would do the coolest birthday parties for me.
33.I can tell when she is board because she will fold paper, wrappers, napkins or anything close by that is fold able!
34.She would do anything for an animal.
35.She is very knowledgeable and knows the answer to anything I ask her about raising my kids.
36.She respects your opinion even if it is different than hers.
37.She flosses her teeth! How many people actually floss their teeth!
38.I have always loved her handwriting, it is perfect...seriously perfect!
39.She knows how to work hard for what she wants.
40.She sends cards for every holiday and calls too!
41.She will visit us as much as possible!
42.She can do a puzzle with 1000 pieces over night.
43.She supports my ambitions in life.
44.She buys me scrap booking supplies.
45.She likes to eat out!
46.She will brave the mall with me and my kids.
47.She was sealed in the temple.
48.She taught me the importance of education.
49.She is always learning about something new.
50.Looking back she must of either been crazy or had a lot of trust in me as a teenager. That made me a better teenager.
51.We always had music playing in our house, whether it was her playing the piano, singing, or a CD. Well tape back then!
52.She lets my boys do her make up! YIKES
53.She married my dad and is still with him....through thick and then!
54.She doesn't like scary movies, and usually likes to know how it ends before the movies starts.
55.She can draw anything you ask her too.
56.She has compassion for those in need.
57.She can kick higher than I can!
58.She loves me for who I am!

Thanks mom, you are an inspiration to all those you meet! Here's to another great year having you there for me and my family! We love you!

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Thanks so much. It made my day. About that blinker !!!!

Jordan said...

I agree with all of your that weren't on my list...are mom is pretty great!