We went on our last camping trip as a family over Labor Day weekend. We had a lot of fun and did a lot of fun things, but I will NOT go camping again with a baby that is crawling....any other stage is fine!
Gwendolyn was such a good helper while I loaded up the coolers!
These are a couple of pictures of the river close to our camp.
The kids found this rope, it was already on the tree so we made a swing for them!
There was a sandy beach by our camp! Me and my darling Adeline.
Oh yes.....and I LOVED it, now onto the next book.....
Mom, "Hey Ian, look at me, I want to get a picture of you!" LOL What a comedian!
Ahhhhhh, ok I made them do it!
This was Gweny's first time with sand, of course she loved it AND ATE it!!
Robert took the older three fishing and I stayed at camp and played with Gwendolyn, oh yeah and read my book! Adeline made herself a fishing pole. When I came down to tell them it was time for lunch I was just in time to see the boys catch their first fish of the weekend! Nice job guys!!
It was a little chilly the next morning so we hung out in the trailer!
Ahhhh nothin' like natural hot springs! To bad I wasn't really in the mood for them.
Our last morning camping...morning Elijah!
I know Robert just loves when I take pics early in the morning, oh and that thing under the blanket with Robert, that is our dog we adopted from Heidi and Aaron!
The boys went out early to catch some grasshoppers for the bait! Brrrr it was chilly.
Ah, there he is. His name is Hoops. He is 3 years old, and a miniature Schnauzer-poodle mix. Already house and kennel trained! He is only 3 pounds if that! The kids have had a good time with him. They like to walk him to the bus, especially Adeline because she says's he is just her size! We kept loosing him while camping, actually he just looked like the rocks! One time I had Gweny in one arm and my camera around my neck. I was calling for Hoops and he is really good about coming, I couldn't see him anywhere. I was standing at my feet the whole time, my camera was hiding him!
And of course one of Robert....one of his favorite places to be!
On the way home Elijah spotted some Elk! Then he asked if Robert was going Elk hunting this year and Robert said yes. Then Elijah asked, "what are you hunting for?" We all started laughing and told Elijah to think about that one....he got it and started to laugh too! Silly boy!























2 comments:
That was a TON of food!! How long did you go for? Looks like so much fun!
Looks like fun! We only went camping twice this summer, but I'd say that's enough with a newborn :) I liked the picture of Elijah in the morning, looking cozy in the top of the camper. It took me a minute to figure out where he was. Then I realized it looked too familiar - as a kid, that was my designated spot to sleep in our camper. Glad you had fun!
Post a Comment