This last Saturday I had the opportunity to see Sister Julie B. Beck in person!!! She was such an inspiration. Part of what she spoke about was having our homes be that safe Haven here on earth where your family can feel safe...she called it a fort...I knew then that, that's what I was going to do Family Home Evening on this week.
So tonight we talked about what Forts provided for Soldiers(safety, protection...) Then I asked if we were the soldiers what could we use and they said we could make a fort...I said yes think BIGGER and they said OUR HOUSE!! YES!!! We talked on how our house should make us feel safe and that it should be our fort so they named it FORT BOB. They then listed things we could do to make sure that the spirit remained in the house to keep us feeling safe from the bad things in the world. I was going to make a sign(probably still will) but a girls camp song came to mind so I just change the words to what they told me and this is what I came up with!
So here are the Soldiers of Fort BOB in all their glory!!
3 comments:
Great song! I like the name Fort Bob!
That is so sweet- I love it!
That is the cutest thing I've ever heard!! So adorable! What a great mom you are! :)
Post a Comment