My mother in law got me a sewing machine for my birthday and it was still in the box....it scared me! I knew sooner or later I just needed to bust that thing out. Well my friend Emily saw her other friends daughter in a rag skirt and thought, "Hey Johanna and I could totally make that!" LOL That's what I thought when I saw it too...."rag" skirt...how hard could it be right?! AHHHHHHHH ok so it probably shouldn't have been as hard as I made it be.....my OCD kicked in trying to get all the pleats just right or lines perfectly straight! HELLLLOOOO I have never sewn anything in my life! Well except for a couple of "rag" quilts....also encouraged by Emily....that was a few years ago! But I thought, "what the heck" and gave it a whirl!
It is by far not perfect, but it's mine and I love it! Hee Hee! Adeline's will turn out better....right, I hope?!! So all of you out there that knows I don't sew.........well check it out!!!
Gwendolyn was totally in the mood to put it on and "model" for me! I am so glad she likes it!! Makes my heart swell with a little pride! ;)
P.S. I asked a friend if she wanted to see my skirt that I was making....she looked at it......"cute, WOW your tiny......LOL I just laughed.....I guess I did say "MY" skirt! Then a few days later I asked, Robert the same question, not thinking of course and he said, "It's a little short isn't it...I said no(I was thinking of Gweny) then he looked at me and said, "it looks pretty short" and that's when it clicked and I laughed and laughed! Thanks guys for thinking that this was MY skirt! You might want to go get your eyes checked....I AM NOT THAT TINY!!! ;)






2 comments:
I totally love love it!! You are so talented!! :) soo cute. I love the flower on it! :)
I really love it. It looks really cut on Gweny.
Post a Comment