Ok this has worked really well for Elijah who is 5, but Ian(my LOVELY 2 1/2 year old) could care less! I actually did this more for him because he won't have anything to do with cleaning up his room. He would rather wine for 2 hours than touch a toy! If any of you have any suggestions out there I would gladly take them!
3 comments:
Don't give up...if you stay consistent and make sure that he knows that he needs to clean up or he doesn't get to do anything else. He will eventually get the idea and know that you mean business when it's clean up time. If you give in and let him get away with not cleaning up then it will ALWAYS be a battle. Good luck...my boys are the same way. They like to make a mess but hate to clean it up. There has been times that they were in their room ALL day..literally because they would just play and not clean up and they were not allowed to come out except to go potty. But I was not going to clean it for them...they don't learn anything from that. You can do it!!! Stay strong! LOL!
Hey Johanna, Love your blog page! I thought I would share what we do in this household for clean up. We call it our clean up party! Ethan gets a favorite CD to listen to and we both go in his room, he picks a project to pick up, like all the cars and I pick one. It may take him awhile to finish his, but when he is done we each pick another project until the room is complete. Warning: don't start your next project till the boys are done or you end up doing the whole room! A down side to this is I can not get Ethan to go clean up his room without me helping!! But it is usually fun with the music. He especially likes the priamry song Fun to do!
I actually do that! We call it the clean-up party, and Elijah is great! BUT IAN is a whole other story...the other night he screamed and threw a fit for 2 hours because he wouldn't clean-up and I wouldn't let him do anything else. I figured that would work for the next time but it didn't!
The other night they ate ALL thier dinner so I gave them a treat(happened to be a small sucker! I used this to my advantage and told Ian that he could have a lick then he had to pick up three toys before he could have another one! That worked like a charm, BUT I don't want them to expect candy that late at night everytime so I am thinking of other alternitives to use...
Post a Comment