Friday, July 25, 2008

Memories

I saw this on another friends blog and thought this sounded like fun.

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together, or one of the first memories you have of me. It doesn't matter if you knew me a lot or a little, anything you remember.

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses, If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.

I'm a little scared of the responses I might get but it should be fun!

6 comments:

Davenports said...

Ok...so my very first memory of you was a church the first sunday that I realized you were new in our ward and we were in the nursing mothers room. You were feeding Ian and I came in to feed Tanner. We had a good chat and then we really hit it off at the ward steak fry at the Gibbs home not to long after that. And then theres all the memories of summer when we spent almost every day at each other's house. Ahh, what it would be like to live close again?! Thanks for posting this so we can relive the past.

Jean Leavitt said...

My first memory of you is when you came over to look at the Dakota station apartments. I was pumped that you were interested and hoping so badly that you would rent there! :) The funny part is, and this reflects more about Robert, in our long conversation we had Robert mentioned a couple of times about people possibly suing (regarding the differences in rent among residents and some other issue I can't remember). I remember going to bed that night excited about you guys, and yet I asked Bryce, "You don't think they'll be problem residents, do you?" Bryce didn't think so...little did he know! :D Haha, just kidding. We were so sad when you guys left, no more baby monitor nights or movies. It was a blast living close to you guys! We miss you!

A Cheatham said...

Where to begin I have so many! I have known you for EVER it seems. Over 10 years can you believe it...and look where we are now! I remember the first time I met you...it was a stake dance and you were wearing a ty-dyed shirt and jeans...i thought you looked cool and I cant remember if it was you or me that ventured over to each other, but we met and have been friends ever since! Which i was a better friend and kept closer touch, but i love the blog and how it keeps us close when we are so far away! Miss you tons and wish i could play with you and the kidos ever day! Miss you face!!!

Jessica said...

One of my memories of you was when you brought Robert and the kids by to bring us a treat on Sunday evening to get to know us. I still didn't know very many people in the ward, and I was so excited to meet someone with a boy Landon's age. One of my favorite memories this summer was going to the Pirate ship park and sitting on the grass while our boys raced across the grass!

Maike said...

My first memory is from before I even met you. Jean told us that there was an LDS couple moving in below us (little did you know what that would mean to you!). So when you guys started moving in your stuff, we went outside to try and stop you...;), oh, I mean to say Hi, and I thought 'how can she just have had a baby'. My other favorite memories are Phillip on his belly on the balcony calling for Elijah and Elijah in turn calling 'Phillup'. Then there was the time we heard the boys diapers come off in the bedroom...And there was visiting teaching and movie nights and girl nights...

DeCastro Family - MJ and Patrick said...

Hi Johanna!!! Hmmmmm, what I remember is the first time I met you. I saw Robert and Elijah first, but Robert didn't appear friendly or approachable so I assumed we would just know each other as "the next door neighbor who lives across the way." I had just taken out the trash and on my way back to my apt, when you opened your door and started a conversation with me. During the entire convo, I kept thinking, "No way, she's married to that snob?"...Robert, I'm so j/k....I thought you were really nice and friendly, and when I met Robert, his demeanor was exactly the opposite of my first impression of him...I think I had more in common with him on that first day talking about Stephen Covey, organization and education. Your kids have always been adorable, and the latest addition - Addy - ahhhh sooo cute! Where I'm at now, I've met a few of my neighbors, but your family has been the most memorable of next door neighbors!!!