Saturday, July 14, 2012

A sad ferwell

I talked to my mom Sunday morning (May 6th). And about an hour later she calls me back and I had a feeling something was up. My grandpa Holmgren had passed away that morning in his chair at home. As sad as that was to hear I was overcome with a feeling of peace and happiness, for I know he is in a place of peace with his loved ones that passed before him.

We headed out for Utah that following Friday.
The funeral service was wonderful...full of music, laughter and tears. Some cousins and I got to see Little Purple Pansies because that was my Grandpa's favorite Primary Song. My mom gave an awesome life sketch of my grandpa, my cousins Ogden and Morgan played their violins,  Kristy and Tony Sang Moonlight and Roses, and my aunt Robyn played an assortment of my grandpas favorite songs, which included Happy Trails to you. One I grew up hearing and singing for as long as I can remember!

The day after the funeral we all met up at the pool in our hotel and had us a good old time!


I get so excited to see the Brigham City Temple coming further along in it's completion!! I grew up coming her my whole life and this is sooooo GREAT!!!

 The girls loved to watch the horses.

 As a family we went to JC's for Breakfast before everyone started to leave town. The family has been good friends with the owners for over 40 years!

 The Family in all our Glory...minus a few.

It was great to see my cousins, aunts, uncles, sister and her family, and my grandma. My grandpa was a man I am proud to call him just that....grandpa!! My fondest memories of him are helping with the farm....raising sheep, driving the tractor, riding the horses, picking corn, irrigated his crops in the middle of the night, burning ditches...singing, there was always singing! He always wore a smile on his face and he was full of jokes, wisdom and love. I am proud of the family he raised and the Legacy he left behind. Grandpa I love you and I can't wait to see you again! Happy Trails to you!
You always called me Joey or Joseph......probably didn't think anything of it, but I did....always will!!